Award Categories & Criteria
RBLEA is in its second edition in the year 2023 and the following categories of awards are proposed. Each category is open to large, medium-sized and micro entities. Award winners will be finalized as per evaluation criteria for the respective awards by an eminent Jury through a 2 tier process. While the criteria remain the same, the evaluation process will consider the top line of each entry and the impact thereof given the resources.
The first round will be that of a written nomination based on research, screening of entries by the jury who will assign criteria-based scores. Each entry will be screened by at least 3 jurors and a mean average score will be assigned to each criterion.
The top 5 scoring entries in each category will make it to the shortlist. This will be followed by a physical Grand jury meeting to evaluate and choose the final awardees.
Industry Awards Criteria
Evaluation will be by Entry application & By nomination through an independent research organization (nomination by Jury will also require the entrant to fill all details of the application and submit a write up covering the questions below)
Please explain why and how your nominated company has decided to address sustainability and responsible business practices within the organization or through its products/services. Please include a brief profile of your company’s environmental footprint describe the biggest environmental challenges facing your company, and/or what the biggest challenges are for the sector your company is providing products/services for.
2. Governance and reporting
Please explain how governance practices within the organization are being used to bring sustainability to the forefront of business practice, and how the environmental footprint of the organization is gathered, reported on, and used to drive further sustainability plans.(OPTIONAL)
Company’s face different sustainability challenges, both in terms of resourcing and market share. Please outline how, your business is innovating to ensure your own internal sustainability goals are reached, or to ensure your products/services can have maximum impact on other’s sustainability goals.
4. Key Projects
Please outline any project(s) that has taken place (or continued) within the adjudication period that demonstrates the work being done on environmental sustainability in your organization. These can be internal projects that demonstrate the efforts to reduce the organization’s environmental footprint, and/or products/services provided by the company that are helping customers reduce their environmental footprints. Please include any relevant data to support your claims.
5. Outcomes and impacts
Please outline any positive outcomes or measurable impacts from the company’s overall sustainability/responsible business practices efforts. Please include, graphs, testimony or any other relevant information that demonstrates the measurable sustainability outcomes of your company’s internal efforts or products or services (carbon emissions, water usage, waste volumes etc.) Data from previous years can be included to demonstrate progress, as long as data from the adjudication period is also included.
6. Industry leadership
Please outline how your company has provided leadership in your industry/sector/community on sustainability. This can include initiatives to support others in your sector in their sustainability journeys through partnerships, research or any other pooled efforts. It can also include efforts to ensure your company’s suppliers are also reducing their environmental footprint, or efforts to support your local community in furthering sustainability. Any other examples of leadership by your organization are also welcome.
7. Plans for the future
Please outline your company’s medium/long term plans for addressing sustainability, highlighting any ambitions or clear goals that have been set by the organization, and citing any clear roadmaps being used by the company to achieve these goals. Please ensure any targets (50 per cent reduction in emissions etc.) are accompanied by the relevant baseline year.
8. Submit the following documents. ( HSE Policy, HR Policy, CSR Policy, Antibribery & Corruption Policy and any other relevant document.)
NB.- All submitted documents will be for judges use only for the evaluation and assessment for the awards.
Initiative Awards Criteria
Evaluation will be by Entry application only.
Please note, to be eligible for these categories the activities outlined in your entry must not be part of your core business activity. Please demonstrate how your organisation is going beyond its core business purpose to be eligible. Word limit: 200 words on each question
Leadership and Strategy
- Describe the role of senior leaders in the project/initiative
- Explain how your project/initiative relates to the organization’s environmental strategy and wider sustainability strategy
- Explain how your project/initiative relates to the organization’s business strategy and wider goals and values
- Explain how your project/initiative shows leadership beyond the organization – how can/does your approach influence others?
Activities and Processes
- Outline the activities that are undertaken as part of your project/initiative
- Is the project/initiative a pilot, a recurring initiative or a one-off? If relevant, explain how your organisation will integrate it and/or its learnings in its wider processes and policies.
- How has the organisation invested in this project/initiative through financial, human and other resources?
Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- What processes are in place which ensures the effective management of your project/initiative? Who is involved and what is the structure for managing it?
- Who are the key internal and external stakeholders involved in the project?
- How does the organisation consult, engage and communicate with its stakeholders, including employees on this project/initiative?
- Examples of evidence to reference can include newsletters; advertisements; marketing materials; publicity; brochures; social media and online marketing; staff forums and media coverage amongst others.
- How has the company derived its people, the places where it operates and the planet. benefits as a result of its commitment to Corporate responsibility, including (as appropriate); financial benefits; market share; people development; company learning; product and process innovation; license to operate; creativity; employee involvement and motivation and any additional benefits?
How has the company positively impacted on the planet, its employees and the places where it operates as well as on wider society through its responsible business strategy and activities? This may include, for example, profile and public awareness benefits, learning and personal development, impacts on a specific issue or cause and any additional benefits Explain how you have consulted with partners and other stakeholders in the development of your initiatives to ensure they are impactful and adding value.
Measurement, Evaluation and Reporting
- What targets have been set in relation to your project/initiative?
- How do you measure success, ensure improvement and report on your project/initiative?
- How do these project target relate to wider environmental or sustainability targets?
Innovation and Transferability
- Please provide a succinct statement demonstrating clearly why you believe your programme/ initiative/ activities are innovative and how easy it would be for another company to replicate some or all or what you have done.
- How has the organisation achieved benefits including, where appropriate, financial benefits, improved stakeholder relationships, people development, organisational learning, product and process innovation and licence to operate as a result of this project / initiative?
- How has this project / initiative had a positive impact on the environment and on wider society? • Where appropriate, make particular reference to issues such as reduced dependence on natural resources, pollution prevention, protection of the local environment, biodiversity, energy and greenhouse gases reductions and improved quality of life.
INDUSTRY AWARD CATEGORIES
Responsible Business of the year
Responsible Employer of the year
Responsible Brand of the Year
Responsible Construction Company of the Year
Responsible Exporter of the Year
Responsible HealthCare Facility of the Year
Responsible Laboratory Facility of the Year
Responsible Hospitality Company of the Year (Restaurant)
Responsible Hospitality Company of the Year (Hotel)
Responsible Hospitality Company of the Year (Fastfood)
Responsible General Insurance Company of the Year
Responsible Life Insurance Company of the Year
Responsible Manufacturing Company of the Year (Metal/Steel)
Responsible Manufacturing Company of the Year (Food & Beverages)
Responsible Manufacturing Company of the Year (Plastic Pipes)
Responsible Manufacturing Company of the Year (Paper & Packaging)
Responsible Manufacturing Company of the Year (Beauty & Care)
Responsible Indigenous Manufacturing Company of the Year
Responsible Mining Support Services Company of Year
Responsible Oil and Gas Company of the Year (Downstream)
Responsible Oil and Gas Company of the Year (Upstream)
Responsible Pharmaceutical Company of the Year
Responsible Savings and Loans Company of the Year
Responsible Shipping Company of the Year
Responsible Investment Company of the year
Responsible Airline of the Year (Domestic)
Responsible Airline of the Year (International)
Responsible Logistics Company of the Year
Responsible Transport Company of the Year
Responsible Pension Company of the Year
Responsible Fintech Company of the Year
Responsible Agribusiness/Agri-input Company of the Year
Responsible Energy Company of the year
Responsible Electronics Retail Company of the Year
Responsible Warehousing Company of the Year
Responsible Chiropractic and Wellbeing Company of the Year
Responsible ICT Company of the Year
Responsible Waste Recovery Company of the year
Responsible and Sustainable Mining Company of the Year
Responsible and Innovative Waste Management Company of the Year
Responsible Telecommunication Company of the Year
Responsible Regulator of the Year
Responsible Automobile Company of the Year
Responsible Thin-Tank of the year
Responsible Social Enterprise of the Year
Responsible Multilateral Financial institution of the year
Responsible Bank of the Year
Responsible Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Company of the Year
Responsible Manufacturing Company the Year (Food & Beverages)
Responsible Health Insurance Company of the Year
Responsible Importer of the Year
Responsible IT Company of the Year
Responsible ICT Training Institution of the year
Responsible Media Organization of the Year (TV)
Responsible Media Organization of the Year (Radio)
Responsible Media Organization of the Year (Paper)
Responsible Mobile Money Service Provider of the Year
Responsible Real Estate Company of the Year
Responsible Retail and Shopping Centre of the Year
Responsible Wholesale and Distribution Company of the Year
Responsible Tech Growth Company of the Year
Educational Facility Excellence Award
Responsible business in customer service excellence
Responsible SME of the year
Responsible Trade facilitator of the year
Responsible Integrated Security Company of the year
Responsible hospital in Quality of service Delivery
Responsible laboratory in quality of service delivery
Responsible Cyber-security Company of the year
INITIATIVE AWARD CATEGORIES
SDG Pioneer of the Year
Purpose Before Profit Award
Circular Economy & Waste to Fuel Award
Responsible Consumption & Production Award
Financial inclusion Advocacy Award
Responsible business in promoting Gender Equality
Responsible Supply chain management
Responsible Road Safety Project of the Year
Environmental Responsibility Initiatives Award
Responsible & Innovative Partnership of the Year
Responsible Business in Water Management & Efficiency Award
Responsible business in Governance, Reporting & Transparency Award
Responsible business in Good Health & Wellbeing Award
Responsible business in Nature & Biodiversity Project Award
Responsible business in Energy Transition Award
Responsible business in social sustainability, diversity & Inclusion Award
Evaluation will be done on the criteria given for each category.
Evaluation by the jury will be solely on the entry submitted, in an independent and objective manner.
The jury member will abstain from scoring and/or voting on any work that they or their organization have been involved with directly or indirectly. Please mention the reason for abstaining from scoring an entry.
Entrants may have submitted multiple entries. The jury will score each entry on its own merit and not against the other entries submitted by an organization.
Scoring: Entries are ranked on a scale of 0 to 5 with 0 being the lowest score and 5 being the highest.
Each entry is scored by multiple jury members and a mean average score is assigned to all the criteria based scores.
The top 5 scoring entries through the pre-screening are then evaluated through the final jury meet for the RBLEA trophies to be awarded.
There is space for Jury remarks in the box against each entry and in case the jury may require further information the RBLEA team will source the same for them to take an informed decision.
: +233 201000495 (text only)
: Accra, Ghana
© 2023 RBLEA. All Rights Reserved.